Benefits Of Devops
The biggest shift in attitude in a DevOps environment is that there is one team composed of cross-functional team members including developers, QA, DBAs, business analysts, operations engineers and so forth. Collaboration across these different roles delivers many benefits.
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complex problems to fix
- Faster resolution of problems
- Faster delivery of features
- More stable operating environments
- More time available to add value (rather than fix/maintain)
Who Should Take This Course : System Admins | Managers | Developers | Pre Sales Team | Automation Developers etc
Prerequisite : Basic Level Of Programming Knowledge
Trainer Industry Exp : 12 Yrs , Working as Lead Developer
- Salt Stack
Introduction to DevOps
- Introduction to the definition, value, history, building blocks.
- Introduction to how Agile software development process applies to DevOps
- The importance of integrating source control in DevOps
- How automation is applied to DevOps
- Application Servers (referring WAS) and Deployment
- Web Servers
- Cloud Computing
- Monitoring, Alerting and Trending
- Configuration Management
- Test and Build System
- Salt Stack
How to choose the right DevOps tools
- Continuous integration
- Continuous feedback
- DevOps into Application<
Module 1: Revisiting the core values of DevOps
- Define, setup and maintain an appropriate version control strategy and structure.
- Define and setup a backlog, experimentation, feedback and telemetry strategy.
- Define and setup a beta testing or progressive exposure strategy.
- Define and setup an appropriate release pipeline strategy and structure to cover services, database, web and mobile application components.
- Identify appropriate compliance, security and secrets management strategies.
- Identify how environments differ across IaaS/PaaS/Containers.
- Identify ways to motivate key stakeholders along the DevOps journey.
Module 2: Deploy and configure standardized environments to match production (Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code)
- Identify an infrastructure-as-code strategy.
- Demonstrate how to use infrastructure as code to standardize your environment deployments.
- Describe why Configuration as Code should be used in a DevOps organization and how it can improve the delivery of value to a customer.
- Identify various tools which can be used to support configuration as code.
- Demonstrate how to use configuration as code to standardize environment configuration.
- Identify how environments differ across IaaS/PaaS/Containers
Module 3: Test automatically before and during production
- Describe why automated testing should be used in a DevOps organization and how it can improve the delivery of value to a customer.
- Differentiate types of testing (both automated and manual) and determine where testing belongs in DevOps.
- Identify various unit testing frameworks which can be used to support automated testing.
- Demonstrate how to use various automated tasting techniques such as unit testing and integration testing to improve the quality of your software.
- Describe Test-Driven Development and how it can be used in a healthy development organization.
Module 4: Build and deploy automatically to production often and consistently
- Describe why automated build and deployment should be used in a DevOps organization and how it can improve the delivery of value to a customer.
- Identify various tools which can be used to support automated build and deployment.
- Demonstrate how to use automated build and deployment to improve the delivery of value to the customer.
Module 5: Track production to align with suitable metrics to improve business results
- Identify when to use different monitoring strategies (RUM, synthetic) and targets (web, mobile, service).
- Describe why Application Performance Management should be used in a DevOps organization and how it can improve the delivery of value to a customer.
- Identify various tools which can be used to support Application Performance Management.
- Demonstrate how to use Application Performance Management to improve the delivery of value to the customer.
- Describe how evidence from production provides the data to inform the business decisions and refine the backlog.